Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday School???

I just dropped Christopher off at Jackson Middle School for a Saturday SAT prep class.  Yes, he actually agreed to go!  ;)  Christopher was invited to join them even though the group had already been working together for awhile.  I am again impressed with Jackson Middle School.  The vice principal, Dr. Alvarez was actually there at the school working on a Saturday.  I had to stop by and get a calendar for the SAT prep class and I was really surprised to see him there.  Of course, there were several other teachers there for the SAT prep class and the magnet/vanguard coordinator was also there.  I'm completely impressed that so many teachers and administrators would give up their Saturdays to work with 7th graders to prep them for the SAT.  Not only that, but I know a lot of the teachers and most of the administrators stay at the school each day until 6:30pm.  I'm not sure if this is normal practice for school administrators, but to me it speaks to their dedication to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment