Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spanish

Something that has become VERY apparent since I started the kids in school is the need to know Spanish. I believe everyone can speak English just fine, but I under estimated how out of place I would feel as the only one not knowing Spanish.  Maybe I wouldn't have noticed as much if I didn't have kids in school, but at the pickup and drop off of Matthew at Lantrip, all the people there to pick up their kids, are speaking Spanish.  I understand the need to speak in your native tongue, so I don't begrudge anyone for it, but I do feel isolated and completely out of touch.  Hence, the need for me to learn Spanish.... and sooner rather than later.  I think I will learn via Rosetta Stone.  I have heard really good things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment