Monday, November 7, 2011

Walk Downtown Today

After I got the kids all set for school, I walked from Lantrip Elementary to downtown.  It was a really nice walk, the weather was beautiful and I enjoyed some quiet time after the hustle and bustle of getting the kids all registered for school.  First, I headed to the main branch of our bank downtown to setup a safe deposit box.  After that, I walked around downtown, mostly along main street and admired the architecture of the downtown buildings, the cops on horseback and the lightrail.

I got hungry and saw a corner bakery on Main Street.  It reminded me of one I really liked back in Chicago.  I decided to stop off and have a light snack before anymore sightseeing.  It was really busy for 11 am, but the service and food was really good.  I sat outside and enjoyed people watching while I drank my coffee and had something to eat.

Next, I decided to head back to Eastwood, but first I stopped off at the brand new Phoenicia's in downtown.  It was packed!  Maybe it will always be busy, or maybe it was because it was the first day of its opening.  Regardless, I was really impressed with the store.  It is 2 stories high and features a cafe, bakery and specialty grocery store.  I didn't go upstairs, but I believe they have wine up there along with some other items.  I decided to get a treat for my boys for after their first day at school.  I found some home made caramels and the boys loved them!  I know I will be shopping at Phoenicia's often.  :)

I decided to see how long the walk would take me on the way home to Eastwood.  It ended up taking me exactly 40 minutes from Phoenicia's to the Lantrip visitor parking.  Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment