Monday, October 17, 2011

Eastwood Home Tour


I wasn't able to attend the Eastwood Home Tour, but my husband Jimmy did.  He was so impressed.  But not just with the beautiful homes, but with the amazing people he met.  He was only able to tour 3 of the homes, but met several people along the way.  We even have an invitation to dinner with one of the residents once we move in!  :)

We are getting so close to our closing date, only about 2 weeks and a couple days!!!  I can hardly contain my excitement!  I'm excited about the 100 year old home we are purchasing, but more than that, I'm excited about all the amazing people I'm sure to meet.  This is just the neighborhood we were hoping for.... and the fact that it is a little rough around the edges, doesn't faze me a bit.  In fact, I really like it.  I have always preferred a neighborhood with a little grittiness to it.  :)  I read somewhere, a comment about living in an HOA master planned community... she said, "I'm not well behaved enough to live in one of those".  I smiled because I feel the same way.

Listening to my husband talk about the people he met and how open and friendly they were, made me so happy and content with our decision to live in Eastwood.  This is just the kind of neighborhood I want my kids to grow up in.  I want them to understand how important community is and why it is important to build those relationships with people.  I think my oldest already has a good grasp on why community is so important based on the answer he gave to a question on the Eastwood Academy application.  Joshua:  "I also know what a community is.  A small group of people that care and look out for each other.  A place like Eastwood."  I guess he does listen to me.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment