Sunday, December 18, 2011

Outdoor Living


The weather here has been AMAZING!  We have really enjoyed the sunny days and warm weather that living in Houston affords us.  By this time in Illinois, we likely have had both snow and ice and the temps are already so cold.  Because the weather has been so beautiful we have spent A LOT of time outdoors on our front porch.  I think the front porch is my very favorite part of the house.  It is a wrap around porch with a lovely eating area and seating area.  I think we ate every dinner last week outside.  :)

I also feel more connected to the neighborhood when I spend a lot of time outside.  I met a neighbor down the street one day when were just hanging out on the front porch.  If I had been inside, I don't believe I would have met her until much later.  But, she happened to be walking by and we waved and started to chat.  Interestingly enough, it turns out she is from the place we just moved from in Illinois.  Small world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment